Monday, September 3, 2007

Too Big for your Britches Little Curtain

I found these curtains at Target. They're Simply Shabby Chic by Rachel Ashwell, one of my favorite lines. Although, I love to drool over the fabrics and prints on her pillows, shams, bedding, and curtains, they tend to be a bit out of my current budget. So after deciding to take a gander through the curtain aisle, I couldn't resist when I found these hanging on the rack, just sitting there smiling at me with a tiny red tag screaming marked down, marked down!

It's a little hard to tell by the pictures but they're a pale retro pink (the bottom picture is probably the most true-to-color). I really liked the 'patchwork' style and the floral prints. Very feminine. They're going in my kitchen, if I can find two more. I only picked up two, originally intending them to be used in the front entry window and the front bathroom window. But when I got home, I realized they went perfectly with the pale retro green of the kitchen.

curtain detail

Oh, hello little blue bird, you've found a home.

The little curtain that was too big for its britches. Looks like I'll be learning to sew before too long, or one of these years. I'll have to shorten this valance, unless I decide to use vintage hankies for the curtain in this window. Sara's running to Target tomorrow and I'm hoping that there will be at least two more left when she gets there. Crossing my fingers! {But not holding my breath.} Even if she finds 'one', that would work too because I could use the 3 for the dining area and then go the hankie-route for this window.

The window's not painted and there isn't trim yet, but I wanted to make it a little more pretty to look at.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those curtains are really cute!