Thursday, August 16, 2007

100 Things

  • My name is Jennifer.
  • I am of Finnish decent.
  • I was born in Michigan.
  • I live in Minnesota.
  • My family still lives in Michigan.
  • I have 13 siblings. (8 sisters and 5 brothers).
  • I am the oldest.
  • I loved growing up in a big family.
  • I have always loved babies.
  • I am 30 years old.
  • My parents have been married for 31 years.
  • My husband is 4 years younger than me.
  • I was almost 24 when we got married.
  • I have always thought that age is only a number.
  • Mark and I knew each other for about 3 or 4 months before we started dating.
  • We only dated for 6 weeks before we were engaged.
  • Our engagement was four months long.
  • My husband wanted to elope.
  • I didn't.
  • We are opposite in so many ways.
  • We are the same in so many ways.
  • We balance each other.
  • He is my best friend.
  • Our oldest, Nikayda was born in Minnesota over 5 years ago.
  • Abram was born in one hospital in Michigan over 3 years ago.
  • Carter was born in another hospital in Michigan almost 2 years ago.
  • I think dreams can come true.
  • I hope this to be true because I am a dreamer.
  • I love vintage things.
  • I love to make stuff.
  • I love to cook.
  • I even love to clean.
  • I'd prefer that the kids were to be sleeping while I'm cleaning.
  • I think there is nothing better than a sparkling clean house.
  • Sometimes I think that there is something wrong with that.
  • Especially because my house is always sailing.
  • I have an innate desire to produce fun, vintage style decor.
  • I love the word junk.
  • I want to create and sell {good} junk, as a hobby.
  • I'm passionate about organization.
  • I love to organize.
  • Why, then does my house look like it was raided by wild elephants?!
  • I love to take pictures.
  • I want to learn how to take {great} pictures.
  • I love vintage fabric, rick-rack, and lace.
  • I want to teach myself how to draw and paint, again.
  • I miss art.
  • I only took two years of art in high school.
  • I regret that I didn't take it all four years.
  • I don't have very many regrets in life.
  • I never went to college.
  • I don't plan to.
  • I don't regret that.
  • My husband never went to college.
  • My husband co-owns a business, building houses.
  • I can't drive by one-single abandoned house without wishing I could dig through it.
  • I would be in-my-glory digging through old houses, outbuildings, and attics.
  • I am very nostalgic and sentimental.
  • My life is a study in contradictions.
  • I love history.
  • I would like to travel the United States.
  • I would like to stop only at historical sites and landmarks.
  • I am intrigued by politics.
  • I disdain politics.
  • I am a conservative.
  • I am very opinionated.
  • I never mean to hurt anyone with my opinions.
  • I respect other people's opinions.
  • I hope other people know that.
  • I love and collect buttons.
  • I am 5'1".
  • I have grey-blue eyes.
  • My hair is a light brownish-blond color.
  • I like short fingernails.
  • I love to laugh.
  • As I get older, I cry more easily.
  • I love to drink {black} coffee.
  • I need to drink the aforementioned coffee every morning.
  • My favorite drink is a Starbucks' non-fat caramel macchiato.
  • I drink a lot of water every day.
  • I associate the word 'peanut' with 'poison'.
  • My youngest child is allergic to peanuts.
  • We were slowly converting to organic before all the hectic-ness of summer.
  • I plan to resume that conversion once things settle down.
  • I love essential oils and natural medicine.
  • The chemicals in processed and prepackaged foods scare me.
  • We eat far too many processed and prepackaged foods.
  • My idea of window shopping, is surfing blogs and looking at other people's vintage finds.
  • I am an optimist who occassionally suffers from anxiety and depression.
  • I still have an imagination.
  • It gets the best of me sometimes.
  • I am not the same person I once was.
  • My husband gave me the confidence to be *me*.
  • I used to squelch my true thoughts and opinions.
  • Sometimes I still do.
  • I feel the most like *me* than I ever have.
  • I hope that I have grown.
  • We are building our first and very own home.
  • We are in the process of moving.
  • I feel like my life is just beginning.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a cool post! I really liked your last line! We are really similar. Can I guess that you are a perfectionist? And that you get frustrated when things don't seem to be as put-together as you think they should be? (Well, that is how I am anyway.)
I like vintage stuff, but I'm no where nearly as committed about junk collecting as you are. However, I really like essential oils and natural healing also. (The oils are expensive, eh?) Do a post on how you use your ess. oils... :)
Angie M.

Anonymous said...

By the way, I don't see your email address anywhere on your blog. I'd like to send you a photo, but I'm not sure to where? :)

Angie M.

Anonymous said...

Now I know a bit more about you. I like the post.

Sue said...

Great post! Funny thing, I could have said most of the same things...Kristy always said we were alike!

Junkyard Jennifer said...

(Sue) We must be. Lol! :) The girls have always told me that too.

Anonymous said...

Cool, that was sort of poetic.

Anonymous said...

Very cool post...sounds like you. I didn't know you were the oldest.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer! This is Jennifer and Ginger-- Gin was showing me the cute pics of Nikayda and Aapo :) so fun. This blog thing seems funner than Facebook! Katie K was telling me how she keeps in touch with you by this blog. Hope to see you sometime soon in Menahga.