Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Last of the Toilet Paper

I promise! Not the roll, just the posts on toilet paper. {Man, I hate when there's none left on the roll.}

But I had to show you because Mark hung the holder up this evening and I've lost count of how many times I've nonchalantly sauntered into the bathroom just to stand there and chuckle that I have my very own toilet paper holder. And so you can appreciate how insane I really am, I'll have you know that I was studying it and wondering how often I'd have to dust it with a cleaning toothbrush in order to prevent build-up in all the little grooves on it.

Sad, I know.

I have the matching towel bar but I need to refinish a small dresser to put the sink on. {A five-dollar steal - the dresser. I love it!} It will actually rest on top of the dresser, if all goes as planned. It's a wall-mount little squarish-rectangular shaped sink. It's on the wall right now, so we can actually use it 'til I get the dresser done.

I just picked it up from Sara's barn, this evening.

Ok. I can't believe I just posted not one, but two pictures of toilet paper on my blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer-
I have had the same toilet paper holder from Target for about 3 1/2 years and I have never paid any special attention cleaning to all the grooves etc. on it. It is in my sauna/laundry/swim changing bathroom that get alot of use. (And I have a bit of the Mrs. Poyhonen blood in me, just ask around.)
Annu

Anonymous said...

i really like the color of the bathroom!! and i love the holder too!! :)

KS said...

You go girl, the things that seem to impress us -- you have got to love it - "a toilet paper holder". We sure live in a weird world.

Junkyard Jennifer said...

Hi Annu! Glad to hear I won't need to be taking out the toothbrush too often. ;) Lol!

Willy ~ Thanks. Is it dumb for me to say, me too. :) I'm not trying to sound dumb but I really am so happy with all of the colors that I picked out, so far. {And biting-at-the-bit to get started on decorating! I want to hang something up, so bad! ~ But I'm trying to get things in some sort of order first.}

Yeah Kate ~ It's the little things in life. ;) I guess when you've waited your whole life for this, each little thing is exciting ~ even toilet paper holders. :) Lol!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your house coming together and all your great "finds"! And I love the idea of the sink on the vintage dresser.

Have you checked with country or cottage living lately....they could use a decorator with your style on staff! You have such great ideas!

Junkyard Jennifer said...

Lol! :) I wish I could claim even one of "my" ideas but most of them come from Country Living and Country Home.