Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Something Fun

...or is it?! Or is it just morbid that I enjoyed burning our Christmas tree from last year ('06)?!

Every time I'm out at the house I see it laying in the weeds over by the woods. Well tonight I dragged it out to throw into the fire but I couldn't help myself from taking a picture (which didn't do it justice). I thought it appropriate to take a picture 1) for proof that our Christmas tree is still around 7 months later!! and 2) because it was such a beautiful maroon color (actually this should've been reason number one. This is why I took it). You'll have to trust me on that because it's not as beautiful in the picture.

I love that crackling sound. The one that you hear a million times over as each little needle goes up in flames. Sparks were a flyin'. It looked like the fourth of July, all over again. I'd forgotten how high those flames go when you put a dead pine on the fire! It was crazy. The kids were in awe.

(It did not suddenly turn dark from the moment I took the first picture until two minutes later when I took the second. The camera just focused on the flames. You can see that by the bottom picture it's still light out.)

And yes, in case anyone noticed. Charlie Brown trees are my FAVORITE. :)

8 comments:

Yvonne said...

Hey,
maybe that's where the term "Christmas in July"
comes from. LOL

Sue said...

I hope you didn't enjoy that cracklin' 4th of July sound too much and end up a pyromaniac.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a jolly bonfire! I love the sound the the needles on fire too!

Junkyard Jennifer said...

Yvonne ~ Lol! :)

Sue ~ I just told Mark, last night, that it's addicting when you add wood to the fire. I just want to keep making it bigger and bigger! This past week of building fires has been about my first time doing such a thing... and it's kinda fun. ;) Lol!

Becca ~ bonfires are so relaxing. It's been kinda nice to sit out there in the evenings during all of this house building/moving business. :)

Amanda Kay said...

Hi Jen, haven't talked to you in a while, so I figure I might as well post a hello here...I can't call you tonight either, I don't think anyways. I am going to a party at Janelle's and depends on what time I leave and then I have to talk to Paul and then I have to go to bed. Tomorrow looks wide open right now, but you know that can change. And my cell phone has been a bugger lately with going over minutes, stupid thing!

Junkyard Jennifer said...

I was thinking that earlier that I haven't talked to you or Beatle in awhile! :)

I might be out at the house tonight. Sar has my kids today and I'm loading my van full of junk (literally) to bring out there. Heh. Heh. :)

Anonymous said...

That looks like a pretty tree! I never get a tree; I put lights on my Eiffel Tower instead. But every once in a while, I feel nostalgic ..

Junkyard Jennifer said...

And I love your Eiffel Tower! :)