Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Firewood

We've had two evenings out at the house lately sitting around the fire. It's so nice and relaxing...when Carter's good. ;) He was last night but not so much the first night (this weekend). I love sitting out there enjoying the stars and the occasional bat swooping overhead doesn't bother me...too much. And NO neighbors. I love that part so much! The privacy.

I'm hoping for a very productive day tomorrow! Sara just called and offered to take my kids. An offer I couldn't refuse. I'm very hopeful that I'll get a bunch of packing and straightening up done around here.

Just a quick post, popping my head in because I haven't yet today. I hear a small voice down the hallway, "Momma...momma..." That would be Carter waking up from his nap. Aapo fell asleep about an hour ago. So here is to a long night! They sure won't be going to bed early. Might as well head out to the house and roast some hotdogs and enjoy the fire again. The lumber is about endless at the moment so it's pretty handy!

Nikayda went to Rena's (James & Gretchen's) this afternoon. Rena called to have her over for a swim. She was thrilled and so was I. I feel so bad for these kids, they never get out much this summer because I feel like there's so much going on. I'm looking forward to fall and having things settle down a bit but then I have to think about my little girl going to school!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

an evening around the campfire - how lovely.