Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Up and at 'em!

Nikayda woke up at 7:45 this morning.

Aapo followed moments later and then Carter. Guess I don't have to worry about getting up early tomorrow. First thing she said to me,"Mom, tomorrow I get to go to school!"

{Yes, darling. I know. *sigh*.}

I feel better about it today ~ right at this moment, let's hope that tomorrow I can keep that lump in my throat until after she's on that bus.

~Fire up! I have a kindergartner! I'm getting older. My daughter's going to school. Yaaaaaay! Before ya know it, she'll be graduating!

Huh?!

{Ok. That didn't work...} Lol! ;)

Ok but seriously, I'm not that depressed about it. Really. But it does make you a little sad to think they're going to start growing up and learning things {some of which you'd rather they didn't}. But it also means that they'll begin to be shaped into the person they will become. This is only the beginning.

But: "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end..."* I recently heard that song, and the truth of that single line really struck me.

*Closing Time ~Semisonic

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just sent 2 of mine off today- Kindergarten and first grade... it's hard for me to feel too bad about them going because they're so excited about it- they both have friends riding the same bus as well... now when/if i get one that doesn't want to go- I'll be a wreck but until then I'll smile and say, "love you, be good-see you soon!"

Cyndi said...

Jen, can you even believe Nikayda and Olivia are off to kindergarten already!?!?! Amazing. It seriously seems like it was just weeks ago that my 5-week-old Olivia and I came to visit you and your newborn Nikayda at the hospital. Crazy...