Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Home from her First Day of School

She wasn't grinning ear-to-ear when she got off the bus...

It was more an I'm-tired-but-I-really-liked-school grin. She had fun. I enjoyed hearing all about her day. {It's super hot - 92 degrees - she was a little toasty when she got off.} She keeps remembering something new to share with me as the evening goes on and gets all excited each time.

Aapo had a hundred questions for her from the moment she set foot off the bus. And Carter was excited to see her too.

Aapo asked when she was coming home, all day long. It was a quiet day. Well, quiet when I wasn't on the phone! I was on the phone a good part of the day with Shell, my mom, and my sisters, Emily and Sara.

Carter's not in any pictures (I was clicking as I was pushing him in the stroller).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad she had a first good day of school! I'm sure she'll be coming home with stories all year....."guess what so-and-so said or did". and you'll have the task of trying to keep all the names straight and whose who. : )

Amanda Kay said...

Aaps looks so excited to see her and hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad she had a good day. I figured she would. :)

emily :)

Anonymous said...

the one that aapo looks all excited to see nikayda is super cute! .. well of course they all are :)

Anonymous said...

That's how Kiirsti was when she started school, I always feel bad for the oldest, they have to pave the way for the rest of the crew!

But Nikayda seem's like she just the girl for the job!!

Junkyard Jennifer said...

I *know* (being the oldest)! ;) Lol!

I worry that Aapo will be the complete opposite. He doesn't go for two more years, but he's not as independent as she is.

Shelley said...

Glad the first day went great for her! She looks so cute and grown-up!