Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Jennifer's Junk Sandwich

I am naming the following sandwich after myself because I just invented it and thought it was delicious!

Jennifer's Junky Pita Sandwich (for one)
  • 1/2 whole-wheat pita bread, warmed up
  • Small amt. of Ranch, thin spread of it on the bread (2 tsp.? - just to taste)

Fill with the following, in any order you wish:

  • 1/4 of a ripe avocado, thinly sliced
  • 1 hard-boiled egg, chilled & sliced
  • 2 slices of bacon, cooked
  • Sprouts, to taste (I love Alfalfa!)
  • 1 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled

2 comments:

Amanda Kay said...

Very nice. I am still unsure if I like avacado though. I only had it once at Emily's and I didn't like it but maybe mixed in something I could eat it.

Junkyard Jennifer said...

I love avocado plain. But it has to be ripe and soft or it doesn't taste good. That's why I stressed that in the recipe. It's delicious in a sandwich though - you may like it that way. It has a very subtle flavor when it's ripe.