Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A New Fridge!

I'm so excited! We're getting a new refrigerator.

We have the sweetest landlords. The Mr. is 78 and his wife is maybe a couple of years younger. Anyway, he knocked on our door yesterday to tell me he's having a new fridge delivered on Wednesday. He said we needed a bigger one. (Do we ever.) Oh man! The one we have comes up to my shoulders and I have to constantly defrost the freezer. I can't wait.

(The things most people take for granted.) I haven't been able to store meat or anything like that in my freezer since I moved here! Pretty much, I only freeze vegetables & fruit. I don't trust it because the freezer doesn't get cold enough to freeze ice cream. It turns to soup. I'm thrilled that I'll be able to get ice cream treats for my kids now that it's almost summer.

We're going to see if he'd sell this little one to us. (He told me he was just going to store it in his garage and I presume sell it at a garage sale). Mark and I already talked about getting a little one like this when we move into our house. Just to have something until we can afford a big fancy one like the one I want. (We'll get a deep freezer so the freezer issue wouldn't be a problem.)

Then we'd move the little one to the guest apt. we'd like to build above the garage someday for company. I don't even know what you call that. I've seen them called 'carriage houses'. My grandma & grandpa have a place for company to stay above their garage in Cedar Bay - it's the same thing.

3 comments:

Amanda Kay said...

First off I think you mean fridge, not frig. But whatever.

And I usually consider that a bunkhouse.

Junkyard Jennifer said...

Didn't think that looked right (frig).

I have little kids. My brain is fried. (Temporarily. I hope.)

Junkyard Jennifer said...

'carriage house' sounds so much more fun though.