Wednesday, March 7, 2007

"House" it going?

We're building. Well, not we exactly. Mark is building.

I am so excited. We are finally getting our own house. Mark and I have been working on the plans since last summer. (We bought the property in October.) And we'll be working (meaning constantly changing) them until the house is done.

I have changed my kitchen lay-out more times than I can count (more than 20). I'm about to change it again. Although, this time, he said to wait until the house is framed up and then we can figure it out. I think he's stalling...

I haven't been to our property for almost a month. He's working on it part-time - since he's also working full-time. So, it's a slow process. We're hoping to move-in in the summer sometime. I'll post pictures sometime in the future. I'm not saying "near future" because I have no idea when I'll be going out there next. (Yes, I am excited about it. No, I don't want to bundle up the kids just to run out there. And, yes, I've been a homebody most of the winter.)

I've recently come to a conclusion - I am a home-body. (And very happy to be one.) I don't know if there were many weekend "haps" or "kyds" that I ever missed when I was younger. But now I just love to be home. I suppose kids will do that to you...

House progress report: The basement rooms are framed in. The first floor is on. Mark says the outside walls are mostly framed up and our outdoor sauna is up and running (very ruggedly).

He's been taking sauna's whenever he gets a chance. It's really "roughed in" right now and it needs to be cleaned out. But it works. Oh yeah...and it needs a sauna stove. He's got some kind of "stove" thing rigged up for now. (Keep in mind, it is an outdoor sauna - it is NOT attached to the house. Yes, I just breathed a sigh of relief too).

No comments: